Tuesday, February 8, 2011

100th Day

Hello everyone! So as I said when I started this blog I was going to committ to writing one blog post everday about this journey in my life. Well guess what? Today is the 100th day. It went by a lot quicker than I had antisipated and it also changed up a lot about what I was going to do. If you have been following this you know a lot of things have happened in my life during this time. My goals did not quite get met, but that does not mean that I am going to give up.

When starting this project I had not anticipated having to have surgery or having to have such a long recovery period. I also had not anticipated having problems with my surgery site later on. But that's life and things happen and when it comes right down to it we just have to go with the punches. I can tell you that I have learned so much during this 100 days that I had no idea about. It has made me open my eyes about things and want to stay committed to my goals. Not just for me, but also for those of you who have been reading this.

I have received a lot of commentary from people and I just want to let you know that for those of you who have been inspired to try to change your life to a healthier lifestyle, I am so very proud and I really think that it is important that you know that. This is not the end and I will continue to blog, but not as frequently. Just like I said a few days ago. I am currently in my last semester of graduate school and my project that I am doing in lue of my thesis needs pretty much all of my attention at this time. I also (as I've said before) am taking another course, working and needing to try to lock down a post-grad grad school job. As we all know these student loans don't pay themselves off...lol.

I have lost weight in this process, gained some back and lost some more. The gaining back hurts, but to be so much more knowledgeable about what to do and not do makes it easier to lose it again. The important thing to do is to keep it as steady of a process as possible. There may be a million fad diets going on out there, but really the most important of them all is the old school one. If you want to lose weight it is simple, you have to be aware of what it is that you are putting into your body. You need to watch your calorie intake and cut out all empty ones. Eat things that will be beneficial to you and not just things that you think will be yummy. When you are craving things, you will almost always be disapointed once you have them because it is never as good as you have worked it up in your head to be.

Allow yourself to have cheat days, but don't allow them to cheat you. Do not fall off the wagon. Believe in yourself and that you can do this. I think a good attitude goes far. Exercise is a bonus. It gives you motivation, energy and keeps you from being flabby. Our bodies were created to do great things so let yours live to its potential. Do this for the right reason's. Do it for you! In the last 100 days after all of the ups and downs I have managed to lose 17 pounds. That may not seem like a lot, but I am proud. I will continue to do my best to meet my ultimate goals and I hope that you do to.

If you have any questions you can contact me through this blog as I will continue to check it or through my Facebook or Twitter. I will also respond to any e-mail at cassandra.d.brubaker-1@ou.edu.

Thank you so much for following me at this point and I will continue to post things for you here and there. I appreciate all of the support and feedback (good or bad) that I have recieved. I am off to work now, but I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take care of yourselves and be supportive of those around you who are trying to lose weight. It is a struggle and the best thing you can do for someone is be there for them the way you would want them to be there for you. Be kind and supportive of one another and all in all it will make the world a better place! TTFN (Ta-Ta-For-Now)!!!!!!!!

-Love Always,
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment