Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just a day, just an ordinary day

Today I had a slight spout of Deja vu. I went back to my high school in Bixby and judged a speech and debate contest. I of course made my bestie go with me. Partially so that he could see my old high school and partially so that he could see what it was that I did in high school. Theater was a big part of my life and as my bff I felt that it was necessary for him to be exposed to something that was such a big part of my life. It helped mold and shape me Ro become the person that I am today. Watching the high school students compete today reminded me of how much I missed that part of my life. Another plus to doing this today is the volunteer/ community service that we got to do. There's no shame to my game...lol.

Once I became a graduate student having any kind of life outside of school became somewhat obsolete. This was weird for me because as an undergrad I was very involved in a lot of things in the community and college. Being able to be a part of a community and being an active part of it is important for the mind and body :)

I also believe that it is important to be a dependable person. My old director TJ sent out a mass facebook message asking some Bixby drama alum to come help with the competition and it was important for me to be able to do that for him. He invested a lot of time in me as a high school student so this was the least I could do for him.

One thing about getting to be a judge at a high sco tournaments the judges lounge. It's kind of a neat little perk. Basically a token of the schools appreciation for your volunteer services they hook you up with breakfast and lunch. I was proud of myself, no matter how tempting the donuts and cream cheese Danishes were this morning I passed them up for some fresh fruit. Yay me :) then there was lunch along with some yummy subway sandwiches they also had some cheesecake that looked amazing, but I went ahead and passed on that too. Yay me again. My former drama teacher Mrs. Nobles informed me that she had been keeping up with my blog! This made me proud and also inspired me to not disappoint.

After the bff and I left the tournament we stopped by my moms. I got to see my little brother and my brother from another mother. My mom, Eric and I then proceeded to my grandparents house. They both seemed to be in good spirits so we all went out for dinner. This is where it goes downhill.

For dinner my grandparents wanted to go to the Lazy Fishermen in south Bixby. Oh it's good stuff but certainly not healthy. I had catfish, shrimp and veggies. On the plus side I stopped eating when I was full and sent my mommy home with my leftovers. It's a good thing that I hadn't made poor choices all day or today could have been an epic fail lol. I've got to get packed and ready to head back home. Goodnight my loyal readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment