Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hollywood's Hottie's Secrets

There are a lot of celebrities out there that we hold up as our standard of beauty. Why? Well because the media has told us that they are the most beautiful people in the world so of course we want to look at them. I was trying to stream my favorite radio station currently (Tulsa Gen X radio) in my office today and when I pulled up their Web site they had a link to a Jennifer Aniston interview that she she did with Allure, talking about her diet and exercise. Well when I clicked on the link all that was there was a quote from the actress talking about how her stomach isn't her biggest problem area, but instead that her booty is. There were pictures from the photo shoot with Allure, but that was it.

So basically I figured that I would look for something else and that's when I came across this article from a few years back in People magazine. It was published April 7, 2008 and written by Michelle Tauber. The article is entitled How to Get a Hollywood Body! and I'll share it with you here.

1. Hayden Panettiere
Less (clothing) is more. "There are parts of my body that I don't mind and parts that I can't stand," the actress admits. How she gets around it: bathing suits ("There's nothing constricting the bad areas") and "long, flowy summer dresses. You never feel fat." 

2. Is a tomboy. "I've always played a lot of sports—volleyball, softball, baseball. I was a gymnast for nine years." 

3. Walks with her dogs. When she's not working, Panettiere takes daily strolls with her pets up the hill near her West Hollywood condo. 

4. Jennifer Aniston
Is consistent. While filming Marley & Me in Miami, the actress has been working out for an hour a day on the hotel's elliptical machine. 

5. Makes workouts fun. Aniston does her cardio to her iPod. 

6. Watches the cocktails. She's fond of red wine and lychee martinis— but usually sticks to just one. 

7. Eats fish. In Miami, a typical meal for Aniston has been three rolls of sushi or a fish entrée at Michael's Genuine. 

8. Hugh Jackman
His workouts consist of "interval strength training"—doing, say, a squat and a shoulder press at the same time. 

9. ZAC EFRON 
"I definitely love to stay active. If it gets me outside and gets me moving, then I love doing it." 

10. Rihanna
"I go through a phase where I just eat whatever. Then when I'm finally fed up, I stop and I'm back on my regimen. And it keeps going like that." 

11. "I do the elliptical for 30-40 minutes. I speed it up in between, then I come down, then I come up some more." 

12. "I hate vegetables but vegetables help. Carbs are my biggest enemy." 

13. "If I know I'm going on vacation, I'll do Pilates for two weeks straight." 

14. Flaunts her assets. Her favorite body part? "My butt. It makes my clothes look good. It's not a dress—it's a dress! My butt perks up everything." 

A MODERATE APPROACH 
Yes, these stars say: You can eat pizza and skip the gym. 

15. Anne Hathaway
"When I'm working, I'm incredibly disciplined, because when you're portraying someone else, your body isn't your own. But when I'm not working, I think less about what I eat. For example, last night I had a club sandwich and two nights ago I had pizza. You've got to live!" 

ELIZABETH MITCHELL 
16. "I normally eat everything under the sun. But once a year for a month, I eat fruits, vegetables, nuts and lean fish, and I feel great." 

LEIGHTON MEESTER 
17. "Just have a little bit of something that you want. Don't overdo it." 

Claire Danes
18. The star's trainer Joe Dowdell says three days of cardio a week "is healthy. You shouldn't go to extremes." 

19 Penélope Cruz
Doesn't obsess about working out. "She gets in, gets the work done, gets out," says her trainer Gunnar Peterson. 

20. Gets plenty of sleep. "I think she gets more than eight hours a night," Peterson says. "She never comes into a workout sluggish or tired." 

21. Doesn't believe in bad eating days. "If she eats fries, then she eats them and moves on to the next thing. It's not a big deal," Peterson says. 

22. Keeps her body proportioned. "She has a butt—and the key for anyone with a butt is to do adequate shoulder work, to balance things out." 

23. Gwyneth Paltrow
Works out six days a week, doing dance aerobics for cardio. 

24. Sets goals. For the upcoming Iron Man, "she wanted a Victoria's Secret butt, like Gisele!" says her trainer Tracy Anderson. 

25. Recently completed a five-day "live food" (raw and organic) fast from N.Y.C.'s Organic Avenue. 

26. Katherine Heigl
Follows Harley Pasternak's 5-Factor Diet, eating five small meals a day. 

27. For exercise, works out with kettle balls twice a week. 

28. Beyoncé Knowles
"She loves southern cooking," says her rep, but when it's time to trim down, "she packs up on the salads, grilled fish and chicken." 

29. David Beckham
"He is much more health conscious since moving to Los Angeles last year," says a family friend. "He is training twice a day now." 

30. Kate Hudson
Favors salads for dinner and yogurt with honey for breakfast. 

31. MARIO LOPEZ 
"Break a sweat every day. I don't feel like I've woken up if I don't break a sweat first."

32. Eats every three hours. 

33. Has a cheat day once a week. "I eat a steady flow of tacos, ice cream and cookies." 

34. Curbs cravings with peanut butter. "It has some fat, and it's tasty." 

35."I like to keep my muscles guessing. I like to run, bike, dance when I can. A little yoga. And I swim when it's nice out." 

AMAZING SLIMDOWNS 

36 Mariah Carey
Water aerobics "is actually three times more effective" than other workouts, she has said. 

37. "I have my trainer move in with me—so I can't sneak food!" she says. 

38. Sticks to what she has called a "bleak" diet of lots of soup and fish. 

THEN 2006 
NOW! 

39. America Ferrera
Restricts pasta to lunchtime, says her nutritionist Philip Goglia. 

40. Doesn't have any starches (like potatoes or bread) at dinner. 

41. Has a mid-morning snack (usually fruit) to keep up her energy. 

THEN 2005 
NOW! 

42. SUSIE CASTILLO 
Picks fitness classes over "boring" cardio machines. 

43. Doesn't mix meats and starches because "it's too hard for the body to digest." 

44. Fills up every a.m. with a glass of juice made from romaine lettuce. 

45. Eats 70% dark chocolate only. 

THEN 2007 
NOW! 

KRISTEN BELL 
46. "Have a colorful plate. I make a spinach salad with things like blueberries, apples and carrots." 

LORI LAUGHLIN 
47. "As I've gotten older, I definitely have to watch more of what I'm eating and work out a bit more, run a bit faster." 

Cameron Diaz
48. "To get great legs, you have to do lunges, squats and steps," says trainer Teddy Bass, who does all that with Diaz. 

SHAR JACKSON 
49. "I eat a lot of green and raw vegetables, and I juice a lot. And I do the trampoline with my kids!" 

EVA LARUE 
50. "I'm into horse show jumping. It's an awesome butt, thighs, inner legs workout. You can't walk for days if you haven't ridden in a while!" 

ALI LANDRY 
51. "Chocolate is not cheating! After a salty meal, you need a little bit of sweet. This is living, not cheating." 

CIARA 
52. "When I'm in focus mode, I do training six times a week. Carbs only in the morning. And I try not to eat at least two hours before bed." 

EMILY VANCAMP 
53. "You have to find a workout you love. I hate the gym, but I just took up pilates and it has changed my life." 

LINDSAY PRICE 
54. "Running is the only thing that gets me out of my head. It's meditative and it makes you pretty in shape." 

GRETCHEN WILSON 
55. "Having a child means having lots of sweets in the house. I try to keep that stuff in the cupboard and out of sight." 

ALANA DE LA GARZA 
56. "Every couple of months I check myself in the mirror. If I go, 'Your jeans look a little tight,' it's time to cut out the nachos." 

GINNIFER GOODWIN 
57. "I don't diet. There's going to be barbecue and macaroni and cheese—but I'll have broccoli and salad the next day." 

MELORA HARDIN 
58. "I love restaurant pasta—the sauces. So now I ask for the sauce to take home and put it on whole wheat or rice pasta." 

MIRA SORVINO 
59. "I can't do diets. I find when I'm on them, I immediately feel like breaking them and eating a lot." 

Mandy Moore
60. "On occasion a bowl of Life cereal for dinner is the greatest thing. And I'm obsessed with Pink Lady apples." 

MIRANDA LAMBERT 
61. "I go with my trainer on a 35- to 40-minute walk. I'm speaking out for all those people who hate to run. I hate it too!" 

Kate Beckinsale
62. "Sleep is like the holy grail. My trainer says if you're tired, your workout will suffer. Sleep is the magic stuff." 

ASHANTI 
63. "I can do a good workout in less than an hour: 30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the bike, then 10 minutes of crunches." 

JANE KRAKOWSKI 
64. "I've been really into boxing. You don't remember how hard jumping rope is! It really works my arms and I like the aggression of it." 

CHRISTINA MILIAN 
65. "I don't feel guilty. I love hot dogs, which are so unhealthy; but I have them on occasion so I don't feel deprived." 

ANGIE HARMON 
66. "I don't cut anything out. If I want potato chips, I have three or four. After that, the craving is pretty much gone." 

STACY KEIBLER 
67. "If there's a dessert table and I like it all, I take a little piece of everything, take a bite and throw the rest away." 

ANA ORTIZ 
68. "I just became a vegetarian [recently] and I've gotten a lot thinner. And if I take out the wine, I tend to slim down quickly." 

MOLLY SIMS 
69. "I drink a lot of water. I love the little Crystal Light packets that make you feel like you're drinking more water." 

NATASHA BEDINGFIELD 
70. "I hate that feeling of being so full that you feel like you're gonna burst, so I try not to do that." 

KIM KARDASHIAN 
71. "I like my shape, but to get rid of cellulite I focus on toning, doing martial arts on a treadmill. And Spanx are my best friend!" 

ROSELYN SANCHEZ 
72. "I do Fresh Dining, which is delivered to your home. And the DVD P90X—it's a 90-day program that transforms you." 

MINKA KELLY 
73. "I work my butt off. Really. I run at least 45 minutes every day. And then three days a week I do weights." 

GABRIELLE UNION 
74. "The quickest calories that add up are the cocktail calories. Might as well have a cheeseburger if you have a great margarita!" 

BROOKE BURNS 
75. "To help my muscles rebuild after I work out, I have a small serving of cottage cheese." 

76 Kate Walsh
Rotates Pilates with weights and circuit training. 

77. "I avoid sugar, serious sugar, because you go up then come down and crash." 

78. Practices portion control so she doesn't have to be "terrified of carbs. I want to be able to have a glass of wine." 

79 Fergie
Has meals delivered from Diet Designs. 

80. "I do organic vinegar shots. Two tablespoons after lunch and dinner. It helps take toxins out of your body." 

81. Makes "fattening food low-fat," like lasagna with turkey meat and cottage cheese. 

82. Jessica Biel
"She's game for anything, like 10 reps of standing on one foot doing a single leg squat," says trainer Valerie Waters. 

83. When not with her trainer, does yoga and running on her own. 

84. MARY J. BLIGE 
"I'm not a morning person, but I get up and knock out exercise, because if I don't, in the afternoon I'll be tired and there's tons going on." 

85. When it comes to alcohol, "once I get my buzz, I shut it off. Two drinks is my limit." 

86. Blige's trainer Gregg Miele (left) reinforces this mantra: What you eat in private shows in public. 

87. Vanessa Williams
"I drink a beet-carrot juice in the morning or an apple-strawberry-pear juice." 

88. "On vacation I enjoy the desserts—and work extra hard when I come home." 

89. Ashton Kutcher
When it comes to feeling sexy, Demi's husband once told PEOPLE that he relies on "quiet confidence." 

90. Catherine Zeta-Jones
"I do a lot of swimming because I live in Bermuda, both in the ocean and in the pool. I've got to drag myself to the gym, but when I finish it, I enjoy it." 

91. Her most common meal? Lightly grilled chicken with a little oil and lemon and a feta cheese salad. 

92. Cuts down on bread when she needs to slim down. 

93. Ryan Phillippe
Goes for daily runs at the UCLA tracks. 

94. Sticks to an all-protein diet, ordering steaks from L.A.'s Dan Tana's weekly. 

LOOK 10 LBS. THINNER—INSTANTLY! 

Ali Larter
95. "Just put your shoulders back and smile." 

MYA 
96. "Don't wear white, wear black. Very. Fitted. Black!" 

AMANDA BYNES 
97. "You know what's totally amazing? Spanx!" 

LISA RINNA 
98. "Black, high-waisted, really tight skirts. That's it!" 

Carmen Electra
99. "If you wear a dress with a belt placed high, you accentuate your waist." 

SHANNA MOAKLER 
100. "I love baby-doll dresses, so people look at my legs—not my stomach!"

No comments:

Post a Comment