Friday, December 3, 2010

The sun will come out tomorrow

OK so I know that this is gross, but I'll share it with you anyway so that you know a little bit about what I've been dealing with since Monday. As I said before my car broke down the night before my surgery so that's been a hastle all in its own, turns out it was the timing belt so that put me behind like $800 that I wasn't planning on having to spend. I currently have a tube attached to my hip with a grenaid looking thing hanging on the end it is used as a drain and it is the most uncomfortable embarassing thing ever. I'm scared to move too much because I'm afraid I will rip the stupid thing out. I have to shower with one hand because I have to hold it in the other. What does this have to do with anything you may ask...great I'll tell you.

So today I go pick up my car (I haven't taken any kind of pain pills, because I knew I was going to have to drive and also because they make me throw up and my throat hurts from vomiting so much). I'm driving from the mechanic to my apartment and keep getting something caught on my steering wheel. It was my drain (which I have named my blood grenaid because that's what it looks like). I knew I felt it pulling, but I thought it was because of how I was sitting, turns out nope it was the car. This recovery period sucks.

The note I have from the doctor says that I can't squat or lift anything heavy (so there goes working out), he said that I shouldn't have to eat anything to take my antibiotics (which is a lie, I throw up if I eat and I throw up if I don't). And basically I'm too weak to do much of anything. I keep telling myself that I worked really hard to get the ten pounds off and I refuse to let myself gain, but standing at the stove to cook is almost impossible because I just can't stand for long periods of time. I keep telling myself not to be a Negative Nancy and that if I can stick to eating well then I can just pick right back up where I left off.

This picture of Tupac has nothing to do with today's post other than the fact that the title is also the caption and I was really looking for a picture of "Annie", but this made me laugh (lol) and we need to appreciate the little things in life :)
Some days are better than others and today so far just isn't a good one. I am ready to not be in recovery. On the plus side however, December graduation is coming up, which really is a lot more like a college alumni get together which really just involves a lot of alcohol. Due to this surgery I will not be able to go to graduation or join in on the festivities of graduation, which means that the pressure is not only off to drink, but now I don't have to have that awkward conversation about why I'm not drinking and I don't have to try to weasel my way out of being the DD (because I just don't have the money to drive drunk people all over town, nor do I have the patience to deal with an overabundance of drunk people).  So see there is always a bright side!

2 comments:

  1. Keep looking on the bright side. Your almost finished with school, so look at it as an opportunity to just relax - knowing that once you graduate you probably will not have this down time again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. And you're right. I'll try to think of it that way. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete