One of the things suggested when changing your lifestyle to a new and improved one is to subscribe to fitness magazines, this way one is always emerged in newest trends and advice. As well as helping keep themselves on target. If you are trying to be fit then surround yourself with things that inspire you to be that way. Don’t just think of it as being fit; think of it as being healthy. One’s health is the most important thing of all! The healthier we are the longer we will live and the happier we will be in our lives. Being unhealthy sucks. Being healthy is not just about being thin or more aesthetically appealing it is about living ones life to the fullest and after all, isn’t that what we all want to do anyway?
Taking on the advice that I read about looking at fitness magazines today I stumbled across http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/. The first thing on their carousal on the Web site promises a 10 minute tone up. So I figured that I would share that tone up with you too! This workout was created by Patrick Goudeau, Nike Elite Fitness Trainer. It promises to give, “sexy abs without boring sit-ups”, as well as tighter and firmer arms, glutes and thighs. Here it is step by step:
Pike and Extend
Target the abs and leg
- Lie face-up on mat with legs extended over hips, arms overhead. Crunch up, reaching hands toward feet.
- Keeping legs straight, bring arms back overhead as you lower upper back and left leg toward floor.
- Crunch up, lifting left leg over hips and reaching hands to toes. Switch legs; repeat. Do 20 reps, alternating sides.
Standing side Crunch
Targets the obligues (love handles) and legs
- Stand on left leg, left arm extended out to side at shoulder height, right foot lifted a few inches off the floor to the side.
- Place right hand behind head, elbow bent out to side at shoulder level, then lift right knee toward right elbow.
- Do 15 reps; switch sides and repeat.
Chest Flye and Leg Extensions
Targets the chest and abdominals.
- Lie face-up on mat, knees bent 90 degrees over hips, holding a dumbell in each hand, arms extended over chest, palm in.
- Keeping right knee bent, straighten left leg toward floor as you lower arms out to sides. Hold for 1 count, then return to start.
- Do 10 reps. Switch legs; repeat.
Knee-up with Overhead Press
Targets the shoulders, abdominals and glutes.
- Sit on mat with knees bent and feet on floor, holding dumbbells near shoulders, elbows by sides, palms in.
- Lean back slightly and extend arms overhead as you lift feet a few inches off floor and bring knees toward chest.
- Hold position for 1 to 3 counts; return to start. Do 15 reps.
Lunge and Twist
Targets abdominals, glutes and legs.
- Stand with feet together. Lunge back with left leg, bending knees 90 degrees, and reach left hand to right foot.
- Stand up, lift left knee in front of you to hip height and bring fists to chest, bending elbows out to sides as you twist left. Twist to center, lunge left leg back and repeat.
- Do 15 reps. Switch sides; repeat.
Anyway there is one more step but the Web site wouldn’t let me view it without joining some kind of contest or something so this is what you get without being a member. There are lots of other neat little tid bits of information and advice on the site so if you are at all interested you should check it out J.